Heinfeld, Meech & Co., P.C. has received a grade of pass or an unqualified report (with no letter of comments) for each peer review performed during the history of the firm. Our peer review team members consist of audit partners responsible for maintaining quality controls and procedures with respect to the audit practice for our firm. Our approach emphasizes practicality and flexibility while also offering suggestions and ideas regarding the audit and attestation elements of your practice. In addition, we are members of the AICPA’s Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC) and Employee Benefit Plan Quality Center (EBPQC).
HeinfeldMeech has dedicated countless hours serving on committees and helping develop tools to assist our clients in understanding and implementing accounting standards. The following are some examples of how the partners and members of our firm have demonstrated their commitment to the accounting profession.
- HeinfeldMeech is a member of the AICPA’s GAQC, a firm-based voluntary membership center designed to improve the quality of governmental audits by providing resources, events and training to its membership. Partner Corey Arvizu was a member of the Executive Committee of the GAQC from 2006 through 2011 and was the Committee Chair for 2008 through 2011. Partner Brittney Williams is also a current member of the Executive Committee of the GAQC.
- Corey Arvizu was a member of the Professional Ethics Executive Committee of the AICPA from 2012 to 2015.
- HeinfeldMeech has conducted numerous trainings on changes to governmental reporting standards including those on the reporting entity, service concession arrangements, fair value measurement, and the pension and OPEB accounting and reporting requirements.
- We have helped local governments receive over 3,250 GFOA and ASBO excellence in financial reporting awards for their comprehensive annual financial reports.
- Our firm has been designated by ASBO International as the technical advisors for the Certificate of Excellence (COE) Program since 2004.
- HeinfeldMeech has developed report writer software programs that reliably and efficiently produces financial statements under governmental accounting standards.
- Partners and members of the firm have conducted numerous workshops and seminars on a variety of governmental accounting and practice management issues for organizations such as the AICPA, numerous state societies, GFOA, ASBO International, AGA, as well as our own series of workshops and conferences.
For more information on our peer review services, please contact Corey Arvizu at firstname.lastname@example.org.