CAFR COE AWARDS
HeinfeldMeech is committed to assisting governmental organizations with accounting and financial reporting. We devote a significant amount of our practice to helping school districts and municipalities receive Certificates of Excellence/Achievement in Financial Reporting from the Association of School Business Officials International (ASBO) and the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). Our firm has helped governments receive over 2,900 awards for their Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) since 1986.
The certificates have gained the distinction of being prestigious national awards and are recognized as such by:
- Bond counsels
- Securities analysts
- Bond rating agencies
- Accounting professionals
- Educational, teacher and citizen groups
- Federal and state agencies
Our firm is designated by the Association of School Business Officials International (ASBOI) as the technical advisors for the Certificate of Excellence (COE) Program. We have also reviewed over 3,800 Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) for the COE Program since 2004.
We assist our clients in the following areas:
- Preparation of a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Audit of a CAFR
- Quality control review of a CAFR prior to submission to GFOA or ASBO
- Preparation of any additional schedules and statements included in a CAFR