Our team is actively involved in national and state organizations assuring clients that we provide high-quality, local service while providing practical and timely solutions. Below are highlights of our partners and managers’ activities that demonstrate our commitment to the public and nonprofit sectors:
Public Speaking and Conference Committees
- Frequent speakers at conferences and courses for numerous local and national organizations including:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) International
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Arizona Association of School Business Officials (AASBO)
- Government Finance Officers Association of Arizona (GFOAz)
- AGA Phoenix Chapter
- AGA Southern Arizona Chapter
- Jennifer Shields and Karin Smith serve on committees for AASBO annual and quarterly conferences.
- Corey Arvizu has served as a member of the planning committee for the AICPA National Governmental & Not-for-Profit Training Program conference.
- Jennifer Shields serves as a committee member for the ASCPA’s Annual Governmental Accounting Conference.
- Brittney Williams is a member of the AGA Phoenix Chapter Education Committee.
- Brittney Williams was a member of the ASCPA Accounting and Reporting Standards Conference Committee (2012-2015).
AICPA and State Society Leadership
- Brittney Williams is a member of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center Executive Committee.
- Corey Arvizu is a member of the AICPA State & Local Government Expert Panel.
- Corey Arvizu served as the Chairperson of the Executive Committee of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center (2008-2011).
- Corey Arvizu is a member of the AICPA Practice Monitoring Task Force for Single Audits.
- Corey Arvizu was a member of the AICPA’s Professional Ethics Executive Committee (2012-2015).
- Two firm partners have served on the Board of Directors for the ASCPA.
- Jennifer Shields has served on the AICPA Task Force on the Single Audit Training Needs and CPE Evaluation.
- Corey Arvizu was the chairperson for the AICPA Task Force on the SEFA (2007-2009).
- Corey Arvizu was a member of the Nominations Committee for the AICPA Board of Directors (2014-2015).
- Corey Arvizu was the chair of the AICPA’s Professional Ethics Executive Committee Definition of Client Task Force.
- Corey Arvizu is a former member of the Nominations Committee for the AICPA Board of Directors.
- James Shankland is the current ASCPA Northern Chapter President.
Governmental Industry Organizations
- Brittney Williams serves on the Financial Management Standards Board for the Association of Government Accountants (AGA).
- Brittney Williams was the Section II Southwest Regional Vice President-Elect for the AGA (2015-2016).
- Karin Smith serves on the GFOA’s review committee for Popular Annual Financial Reports (PAFRs).
- Sara Kirk serves as a member of the Certificate of Excellence Advisory Committee for ASBO International.
- Karin Smith serves on ASBO International’s School Finance Professional Committee.
- Corey Arvizu is a member of ASBOI’s Accounting, Auditing, and Budgeting Committee.
- Karin Smith serves as a member of the Meritorious Budget Award Advisory Committee for ASBO International.
- Brittney Williams reviews submissions for the Certificate of Excellence in Citizen-Centric Reporting for the Association of Government Accountants.
- Joshua Jumper and Christopher Goeman are Special Review Committee Members for the GFOA’s certificate program.