HeinfeldMeech Gives Back
by Corey Arvizu, CPA, Managing Partner
Posted on December 19, 2019
HeinfeldMeech has long recognized our role in the community goes well beyond the professional services we provide to organizations. We also recognize the importance of supporting nonprofit organizations in our communities that provide essential health, welfare, youth development and other essential services to those in our community. The following are some examples of how we support these great organizations:
- We have a firm-wide community service day in which all members of the firm are encouraged to contribute time alongside their coworkers supporting efforts such as local food banks, pet rescue, housing revitalization, community kindness, and even buffelgrass removal.
- The firm offers employees a day to volunteer at a community based organization of their choice.
- The firm has matching contributions program for employee donations to local nonprofits.
- Each office of the firm has participates in annual holiday toy and gift drives.
- The firm supports employee involvement of Boards of nonprofits by supporting the fundraising events of these organizations, including Raising Special Kids, Habitat for Humanity, Girls on the Run, and Bag It.
HeinfeldMeech also recognizes the importance of providing opportunities to those interested in joining the accounting profession. Our support of all three state university accounting programs helps provide such opportunities. I encourage you to visit our “Community Involvement” page to learn more about our contributions to our communities and the great organizations that we support.